KNICKS CAP 101
Everything you need to know about the Knicks roster in terms of the salary cap.
CURRENT CAP SPACE
Knicks are currently over the cap. Since they used a portion of their mid-level exception, they are hard capped through this season at the apron ($129.8M).
SALARY CAP OUTLOOK
A detailed look at the Knicks’ 2018-19 salary cap obligations and projected future spending.
Trade: $1,435,750 (expires 2/7)
2019 Free Agency
- 10/15/18 – Extension deadline for Kristaps Porzingis and Emmanuel Mudiay
- 10/15/18 – Trey Burke’s salary guarantees for $400,000
- 12/15/18 – No-trade restrictions lifts on Noah Vonleh, Kadeem Allen, Mario Hezonja and Luke Kornet
- 1/10/19 – Trey Burke’s $1,795,015 guarantees for 2018-19
- 1/10/19 – Noah Vonleh’s $1,621,415 guarantees for 2018-19
- 2/7/19 – Willy Hernangomez $1,435,750 trade exception expires
HOW DO THE KNICKS CREATE MAX SPACE FOR KEVIN DURANT?
Everything you need to know about the cap space needed to sign Durant.
KRISTAPS PORZINGIS QUALIFYING OFFER EXPLAINER
- Learn how much his qualifying offer will be based on the number of games he plays this year.
- Learn the difference between qualifying offers and cap holds.
- And learn why the Knicks waited to give him an extension.
Everything you need to know about the Porzingis’ contract situation.