JOG, RUN OR SPRINT?
What you need to know about KP’s Instagram story.
- David Fizdale told reporters on Thursday that Kristaps Porzingis was “working his butt off” in his recovery and there was nothing new to report.
- When asked if Porzingis is sprinting, Fizdale said he was only doing “light running and shooting.”
- Headlines started to spread that Porzingis “is still not able to run.”
- Kristaps Porzingis later posted a picture in his Instagram story that clearly shows him running, or “sprinting.”
- Fizdale and Porzingis quickly cleared up the misunderstanding the next day. Per Ian Begley, “David Fizdale said he wasn’t aware that Kristaps Porzingis has been sprinting. He spoke to Porzingis about it today and said they are on the same page and in a good place.”
- Porzingis felt frustrated over the perception that he wasn’t working hard during his recovery, something Fizdale clearly didn’t mean to imply as he initially responded to questions about KP’s rehab progress by saying “He’s working his butt off but nothing new.”
- Story over, time to move on.
Ian Begley's Report
Click for more of Fizdale’s quotes related to Porzingis